Thursday, June 14, 2007

A Bug's Life

Much to the amusement of my partner, I spent a not inconsiderable amount of time during my first couple of months in Korea chasing mosquitoes around our apartment. Personally I'm rather adverse to being something else's meal while I sleep, but maybe I needn't have worried - it seemed that the foreign food on the menu was of little interest when they could eat Korean. Hold the front page - Korea Times. I was told they'd quickly disappear with the onset of winter, but I was still hearing that tell-tale buzz by my ear in the middle of the night in December. That was the last of them though, and aside from a run-in with a couple of cockroaches, we've been free of annoying bugs in the six months since... until today, when I discovered the first mosquito of the season lying in wait for me in the shower. So it looks like it's going to be open season on the insect vampires until we leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment