Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Scratch

After the terrifying taxi drive on the first evening here I've watch with interest, and a little fear I have to say, the antics of various Korean drivers I've seen since then. I have marvelled at how some of these drivers seem to be able to maneouver their vehicles through the narrowest of gaps at great speed. However, I then started to notice the number of tell-tale scratches on the corners of bumpers, and worse, all the way down the sides of cars, and I realised that maybe they aren't quite as skilled or lucky as I thought. I walked to a nearby apartment building five minutes away today and about 80% of the cars had scratches on the bumpers. I've already decided never to drive here but I'd hate to buy a new car considering what's likely to quickly happen to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment