Wednesday, May 16, 2007

V

Excuse me but you appear to have an iguana on your head. I didn't notice it at first while waiting near you at the crossing, and when I did I briefly thought it was a very realistic if somewhat odd hat, but then it moved removing any doubts I had. It was only when I snatched my camera out that the woman next to you looked at what I was taking, cried the Korean equivalent of "oh shit!" and leaped away as fast as she could. You remained nonplussed or just oblivious to the sudden space you'd created around you and as the lights changed and calmly walked across the road as though having a reptile sat on top of you is the most natural thing in the world. I have to say it's a new experience for me and evidently for the woman who leaped away because she was still talking to herself about it in shocked and largely unrepeatable language as we reached the other side.

Z-4

No comments:

Post a Comment